COVID-19 Guidelines for Resumption of Organized Training Sessions
Parents and Athletes:
Please find the following guidelines that have been adopted by the CPS in accordance with the IHSA, CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health as we are cleared to resume official practice for the 2021 Track & Field season on Monday, April 5. Note that all of these guidelines will be strictly adhered to and anyone who fails to meet any guidelines will be prohibited from participation.
- Runners will not be allowed to begin practice until the following are completed: CPS Player Record Packet (attached below), a contact form (attached below) and an up-to-date physical is on file
- Most sessions will take place outdoors at our Jones Track (2301 S Federal St, Chicago, IL 60616)
- Runs will continue as usual on the Lakefront Path and Grant Park to provide more space for social distancing
- Groups will be limited to 50 people or less (including coaches) (*We are likely to be below this number regardless as our total team roster is typically under 50 people)
- Designated smaller groups will also be arranged within the larger group to ensure more adequate social distancing and better organization
- If for some reason total group numbers do increase beyond 50 people, the entire group will be split into two with staggered start times and separation of 50 feet
- Social distancing measures will be practiced
- All runners will be required to have their face masks with them at all times. Runners who show up without a face covering will not be allowed to participate or enter the track/field area
- We will follow district mandated check-in health screening protocols at the beginning of every practice.
- All parents/students must screen themselves at the link below before the start of practice each day. Failure to do so will result in not being allowed to enter the practice area.
- CPS Health Screener
- Even if practicing at the track, still select 'Jones College Prep' as the location for the day
- Mandatory daily temperature checks will be a part of the check-in procedure. These temperatures will be taken using an infrared forehead thermometer
- Coaches will also undergo the same check-in/check-out procedures to ensure proper symptom screening
- Cleanliness and sanitation protocols will be used (runners will not share equipment of any kind)
- Runners should bring their own water bottles as sharing will not be allowed. Any water coolers or store bought water bottles that are provided by the team will only be handled/operated by a coach with gloves or pre-sanitized hands
- The mandated protocols have been reviewed and will be the followed in the event of any positive COVID-19 cases